F8 Developer Conference News
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg just announced (22 September 11) the release of Timeline.
Timeline is a concise, visual, interactive new release of the Facebook profile. Timeline is a rethink of the Facebook platform from the ground up. According to Zuckerberg, it’s the new way to really express who you are.
Timeline combines old elements with new aesthetic. For instance; you get to keep your Profile Picture but but you can now add a bigger, cover-picture that could highlight a personal interest, a special moment – whatever.
Timeline also allows you to add your travel destinations to a map, you can document highlights from every (yes, HONESTLY) year of your life. You combine pictures with posts.
The story of your life – your apps, your stories on one single page.
On screen it appears to be almost too good to be true – easy to update, easy to populate, easy to navigate. I can’t wait!
Double yay for Marc & the team.
What gets me excited?
- The potential the new layout holds for business pages. Can you imagine the possibilities?
- The new class of Facebook apps that will be surfacing
- Lightweight streaming of activities to Open Graph
- Building lightweight interactions
- More robust social and lifestyle apps that offer seamless interaction,
- The seamless layout on mobile devices
Suffice to say, this Diva is blown away.